General rule of thumb: you need at least 2 lbs. of thrust for every 100 lbs. of fully-loaded boat weight (people and gear included). If things like wind or current are major factors where you fish, you’ll want a little extra thrust.
What do you need for an electric motor?
- D battery.
- Insulated 22G wire.
- 2 large-eyed, long, metal sewing needles (the eyes must be large enough to fit the wire through)
- Modeling clay.
- Electrical tape.
- Hobby knife.
- Small circular magnet.
- Thin marker.
How do I choose an electric car motor?
10 things to consider when choosing an electric motor
- Vehicle characteristics. …
- Driving cycles. …
- Vehicle configuration (electric, hybrid) …
- Maximal speed. …
- Maximal torque. …
- Maximal power. …
- Battery Capacity. …
- Battery Voltage.
17 мая 2016 г.
How do you size an electric motor for a pump?
The power required to drive the pump at the rated design condition should always be less than the nameplate horsepower rating of the motor. So if the pump will require 4.5 HP at the design condition, at a minimum, the motor should be sized for 5 HP – the next nominal size above 4.5 HP.
How do you calculate the power of a servo motor?
The power in any motor can be calculated as the sum of each phase power (product of RMS current and RMS voltage). In the case of a phase-balanced motor: In a Y-connected motor, The phase current (Iph) is the current in RMS seen at the Servo Drive output terminals.
How long can an electric motor run continuously?
You should anticipate, given proper attendance, that the motor can run continuously for the life of its brushes, which should be in the range of six months to a year. Presuming that the motor is too small to have its brushes changed by a trained electrician while running.
How does an electric motor work for dummies?
An electric motor converts electrical energy into physical movement. Electric motors generate magnetic fields with electric current through a coil. The magnetic field then causes a force with a magnet that causes movement or spinning that runs the motor.
What are the main points to be considered during installation of motor?
Six Steps for a Perfect Electric Motor Installation
- Handling & Storage. First, inspect your new motor for scratches, defects, or dents. …
- Location. For storage, select a location that’s well ventilated and not surrounded by walls or any other objects that may affect the ambient temperature. …
- Mounting. …
- Alignment. …
- Lubrication. …
What is the best car to convert to electric?
Top 5 Electric Vehicle Conversions
- Porsche 924 EV.
- Mazda Miata EV. …
- Chevy S-10 and Ford Ranger. GM’s Chevrolet S-10 Electric Vehicle. …
- Triumph Spitfire. This British classic no longer spits carbon after it’s been converted to electric power. …
- VW Bus (Officially, the Type 2 or T2) The Volkswagen Bus lends itself nicely to EV conversions. …
Which motor is best for electric vehicle?
Brushless DC Motors
BLDC motors have traction characteristics like high starting torque, high efficiency around 95-98%, etc. BLDC motors are suitable for high power density design approach. The BLDC motors are the most preferred motors for the electric vehicle application due to its traction characteristics.3 мая 2019 г.
Is Electric HP the same as gas HP?
3 hp electric = 5 hp gas. That’s about right. The reason is, an electric motor develops shaft torque much faster than a combustion engine can. The engine must be over sized then (in comparison) to provide accelerating torque, even if it needs less once operating.
How do I choose a pump motor?
When choosing a motor for a centrifugal pump, you must consider the impeller size, maximum capacity, specific gravity of the fluid, and service application in case API requirements apply. If you take these things into account, you will select the right motor for your centrifugal pump application.
Which motor is suitable for centrifugal pumps?
How do you calculate pump motor kw?
Mechanical energy provided to the liquid (For example, distribution network of drinking water):
- P = Power transmitted to the fluid by the pump in Watt.
- Q = Flow in m3/s.
- p = density of the liquid in kg/m3.
- Hm = Hydraulic pressure loss network expressed in m.
- H = Hydraulic load in meter of water.