H-O Racing's "Rocket Box"
The PY thread
A few weeks after the 2011 Pontiac Heaven event, Craig started a thread on the
Performance Years Online forums...Pontiac - race section entitled
'H-O Racing's "Rocket Box"'. It has basically the
same information as presented in the pages here, but with question and answer
give & as is typical of those type of internet boards. Some readers
here may find that interesting (
Here are some of the unsolicited complimentary comments on that thread.|
- "You have my interest!" - GOAT490
- "Very nice explanation so far Craig, My comment in my sig still fits:
'Engineers do stuff for reasons'" - Tom Vaught
- ""HUH------- I only went to high schoooooo" - blueghoast
- "Lacking all the scientific stuff as to what's going on here...
I can just tell you that I'm not surprised in the least that a custom spacer
would be worth a LOT of power on a single plane intake when using a Q-jet." - Cliff R
- "Homer H. Hickam Jr. would be proud."*; - Slick
- "Craig, you are "The Man". Understanding the theory is hard enough
but then making the part yourself too???????????? WOW" - Tom Vaught
- "Ya know, I'd just like to say a very sincere thank-you for taking
the time to even expose us to this. " - Sun Tuned
- "Minus the brain swelling and a bit of smoke,
this is one of the most fascinating threads I've ever read." - Johnny406
- "this stuff really gets the mind working and opens up the possibilities.
Thanks for sharing." - bobzdar
- "OriginalHO, It was great to see you and talk at Pontiac Heaven!!
I think we all look forward to your brilliant insight." - azbirds
- "Fascinating stuff. Thanks, Craig." - Elarson
- "thank you!!! for the great info and complete explanation!!!
unfortunatly for me its mostly greek, except for the part about installing
the cool ass looking box w the ho sticker and picking up 20hp and setting records,
i savvy that part real good!!!!" - rtanner
*For those who don't know, Homer H. Hickam Jr's book "Rocket Boys" (a memoir)
was the basis of the 1999 movie "October Sky."
This concludes the "Rocket Box" topic.