1963 LeMans 326HO to RAIII Project
As was before restoration
1963 326HO heads, intake, exhaust, crank, bellhousing and front cover.
1963 389 block substituted for 11.5:1 CR with original heads.
Original brake single master cylinder.
Additional restoration problems (not shown, but fixed later):
- Flexplate (special diameter) some starter ring teeth broken off.
- Mini-starter bell-housing mounting FUBAR'd
- 2-speed "Tempest Torque" automatic trans did not upshift 2 to 1.
- Some wiring FUBAR'd (open, disconnected or misconnected).
- Front 9" brake drums grossly inadequate and not operative (see Disc Brake conversion).
- Missing hood (replaced with lift-off fibreglass Firebird Formula hood).
- Missing gas tank (replaced with new 1970 Firebird tank).
- Missing exhaust system (replaced with side pipes).